Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable and robust data pipelines, ensuring the efficient extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) of data from various sources.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product, Engineering, to understand data requirements and develop data models that facilitate advanced analytics, machine learning, and predictive modeling. Work closely with Data Scientists and Data Analysts to ensure that our data pipeline architecture meets their needs.
- Optimize data storage and retrieval systems to ensure high performance, scalability, and data integrity.
- Implement and maintain data governance practices, including data quality monitoring, data lineage tracking, and metadata management.
- Troubleshoot data-related issues and perform root cause analysis, ensuring timely resolution to minimize impact on data availability and accuracy.
- Continuously evaluate and recommend improvements to existing data infrastructure, tools, and processes to enhance efficiency and reliability.
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices in data engineering, and apply this knowledge to drive innovation within the team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer or similar role, with a strong understanding of data warehousing concepts, data modeling, and ETL processes.
- Proficient in SQL and programming languages such as Python, Java, or Scala.
- Experience with data processing tools and frameworks like Data Bricks or Apache Spark is highly desirable.
- Solid knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases, data lakes, and data integration techniques.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and their data services, such as S3, Redshift, BigQuery, or similar.
- Experience in implementing data governance practices and ensuring data quality and integrity.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively articulate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Familiarity with diabetes or other types of health data is a plus
- Understanding and knowledge of diabetes treatments, therapy and diabetes data is a big plus.
Salary range: $101,028 - $216,027 annually. To learn more about Tidepool's compensation philosophy please see Tidepool's Employee Handbook.
- Flexible PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health and Childcare FSA
- Flexible work schedule
- Wellness and Productivity stipend
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
While many of Tidepool’s team members have a personal connection to diabetes, this is not a requirement. We ask that you have empathy for chronic conditions and you are prepared to learn about the diabetes experience.
This is a remote position. You’ll be working from home and interacting with a team of colleagues that works around the world. Learn more about working at Tidepool, including our approach to inclusion and diversity in this blog post.