The burden on healthcare professionals, especially as it pertains to clinical documentation, has had a negative impact on the healthcare industry at large since long before the first diagnosis of Covid-19. At Tidepool, we try hard to see what gaps exist in providing good healthcare and how we can create tools to bridge those gaps. We have listened to the feedback from our clinicians and providers, and are so excited to announce a new feature that will dramatically improve how our clinicians interact with the Tidepool ecosystem.
Introducing: Clinic Account Administration.
Here’s what this new experience offers:
- Every clinician will have their own unique account and login credentials to access Clinic account workspaces.
- Administrators will be able to add and remove clinician users as needed.
- Patients will share their data with a clinic account, rather than an individual clinician user account.
- To facilitate this sharing, clinicians will provide patients with a unique share code, rather than an email address to connect and view their data.
- Clinicians will be able to be members of multiple clinic accounts, all managed within a seamless interface.
This work is setting the foundation for future clinician-focused improvements, including:
- Prescription access for Tidepool Loop (when available).
- Population health summary statistics from the patient list view.
- Create and manage access to patient accounts without requiring Tidepool Uploader.
This update can be completed in three quick steps. Here’s what we need from you:
- Tidepool Uploader will need to be updated to the latest version. This may require some coordination with your IT team.
- Review the instructions in our Clinic Account Deployment Guide so you’ll be prepared to perform the initial setup steps for your Clinic account.
- When you’re ready to begin, please fill out this Clinic account sign up form and our Clinic Success team will notify you as soon as your Clinic account is ready.
Our objective with this work is clear: streamline your workflows and make your use of Tidepool more enjoyable. This upgraded experience offers a new layer of administrative access control to patient data and simplifies how clinicians will engage with the Tidepool ecosystem. This is just the beginning for the updates and improvements we have coming for our clinician users. We can’t wait to share more developments with you all in the months ahead.