Tidepool was built on the belief that walls should not exist around diabetes data, and democratizing access to your own data benefits the greater good. We’ve long since passed the time to remove the walls and division that create a climate for injustice and systemic racism..
We stand in solidarity with the advocates on the front lines fighting for a better tomorrow, and in support of the countless organizations assisting to advance the fact that black lives matter.
While our focus as a nonprofit organization is creating and delivering software for people with diabetes, our calling as human beings is for a better tomorrow. To that end, we encourage you to engage with the resources and voices in support of this moment and this movement.
— Howard Look, CEO and Founder
If you are looking for a place to start, we hope these resources help:
- Anguish and Action, a resource from the Obama Foundation
- New Era of Public Safety: An Advocacy Toolkit for Fair, Safe, and Effective Community Policing, an initiative of the Policing Campaign at the Leadership Conference Education Fund
- “Talking about Race”, a toolkit from the National Museum of African American History & Culture
- NAACP Legal Defense Fund
- A community-sourced list of anti-racism resources
- 13th, a Documentary by Ava DuVernay